Foxeer Mix is a new HD camera that can be used as an FPV camera while recording HD footage, similar to the Runcam Split.
Learn more about HD cameras for FPV.
Update 09 Jan 2019: The Mix is now available for purchase: http://bit.ly/2Qzkqye
I am still waiting on more info and spec from Foxeer, I will update it here once Foxeer gets back to me.
There are only rendered images floating on the internet, from which we know it’s going to be a micro sized camera. It seems to connect to a separate processor board with a ribbon cable, similar to the Runcam Split.
I can’t wait to see what the new features the Foxeer Mix camera offers to the FPV community. Hopefully I get to test and compare the Caddx Turtle and Runcam Split 2 once it’s available.
Update (10 Sep 2018)
The Mix can do up to 1080p 60fps (sorry no 4K). The camera size is 19x19mm, the board has mounting hole pattern of 20x20mm, Audio supported. The physical specs sounds similar to the Runcam Split Mini 2.
Update (29 Dec 2018)
So Foxeer finally released an actual image of the Mix. The main board has 20x20mm mounting holes, as well as excess PCB you can easily remove with 30.5×30.5mm mounting holes.
There are solder pads as well as header connector, so connection should be flexible.
However I hope that ribbon cable is not what it is in the final production, it looks fragile!
Also I don’t see any sign of the microphone, I hope it’s on the other side of the board?
- Support 20*20mm and 30.5*30.5mm mounting hole
- Both connector & soldering pad connecting available
- Audio, less noise on FPV transmitting
- Power-on recording & Power-off protecion saving (The last 2s video may be lost)
- Anti-drop SD Card protector
- Wide voltage (5-24V) input
- FPV aspect ratio 16:9/4:3 switchable
- Foxeer & Voltage & Time Screen OSD
- Video Playback
Update (06 Jan 2019)
Spec has been leaked by a reseller:
- Video Resolution: 1080P 60FPS/1080P 30FPS/720P 60FPS
- FPV Image Ratio: 4:3 FOV 135°/16:9 FOV 165°Switchable
- Video Format: MOV
- TV Output: NTSC/PAL Switchable
- SD Card: Supports up to 64G (Not included)
- Input Voltage: DC 5V-24V
- Working Current: <[email protected], <[email protected]
- Lens Size: 19 x 19mm
- Board Size: 37 x 37mm/29 x 29mm
To be honest, the spec is similar to the Runcam Split and Caddx Turtle. Let’s just hope there are surprises in the image quality!