When I was wondering why Jumper took down the product page for the T16, I discovered they are about to release a new radio – the Jumper T16 Plus.
The Jumper T16 has been quite popular and sold out everywhere. You can see my review here. With that said, maybe you want to hold off and wait for the upgraded T16 Plus?
Where to Buy?
Let’s dive into the specs.
Differences Between T16 and T16 Plus
As far as I can tell, the only improvement they’ve made to the T16 Plus is using Hall Sensor Gimbals. The rest of the specs is identical.
- Powered by STM32F429BIT6 MCU
- Input Voltage: Voltage: 7V – 8.4V
- Current Consumption: 350mA without external module
- Dimension: 180*190*58mm
- Weight: around 860g
- STM32F429BIT6 MC
- Industrial grade 4.3 inch 480×272 outdoor readable colour screen
- Compatible with JumperTX (An independent fork of OpenTX)
- Wheel menu button
- Gimbal Type: HALL SENSOR
- Multi-protocol transmitter module with TBS CRSF support
- Removable battery
- Supports Telemetry
- Memory 16M (can be expanded by Micro SD card)
- Voice function
- Vibration reminder function
- Standard JR module slot
- 6-Flight Mode Buttons (for APM and Pixhawk flight controllers)
- Two-colour LED status display
I’d love to try the T16 Plus with Hall gimbals for just $10 extra.
Can We Buy Those Hall Sensor Gimbals?
Already bought the T16? You can buy those Hall Sensor Gimbals only as an upgrade. I think it’s a good move on Jumper’s part so the early birds don’t feel left out.
Buy T16 Hall Gimbals here (Not yet available).
Better Than Taranis X9D+?
This question is kind of pointless now as Frsky decided to discontinue the Taranis X9D+, meaning it won’t be available on the market as soon as the current batch sell out.
I’ve explained the good and bad of the X9D Plus compared to the T16 in my review, you should check it out.