Here is a check list of what preparation I do before my FPV flight day with my quadcopter. Just spent two mins on this will keep expending/adding stuff to it.
Some of the links on this page are affiliate links. I receive a commission (at no extra cost to you) if you make a purchase after clicking on one of these affiliate links. This helps support the free content for the community on this website. Please read our Affiliate Link Policy for more information.
- Charge Main LiPo Batteries
- I parallel charge, so I first check individual pack voltage, make sure the difference is within safe range (0.1V-0.2V difference)
- Charge Ground station LiPo
- Charge TX battery
- Charge GoPro and Mobius (my back up camera)
- Check prop stock
- if using new props, balance them first
- for gemfan 5030, has to drill the hole bigger to fit my cobra motor shaft
- Check Quadcopter is flying fine
- check FPV system (VTX, Camera, OSD) is operating fine
- check lost plane buzzer is working
- Check we have tools (plier, screw drivers, hex allen key, scissors, battery voltage checker),
- Enough spare (motor/frame screws, prop adapters, cable tie)