When I received this TS5823 video transmitter, I was surprised by how tiny this vTX is compared to other commonly seen 200mW video transmitters. Not only it is with the advantage in size, it also supports 32 channels (4 different bands) which covers the channels used in equipment from Fatshark, ImmersionRC, Skyzone, Boscom and so on. Allowing a wider voltage supply is also a great feature in this mini video transmitter.
Check out this guide how to get into FPV.
Here is a product description from the seller: TheTS5823 transmitter packs 200mW of ultra clean 5.8GHz power in a micro sized video/audio transmitter! The TS5823 transmits a full range of 32 channels and only weighs 10g. It’s perfect for a wide range of aircraft, especially small models and 250/330/350 size multi-rotors such as Night Hawk 250, DJI Phantom, QR X350 and more!
TS5823 Video Transmitter
However there are incidences which might be linked to the quality control of this product, where people discovered their units powered up and has jumping white lines across the image, which looks to be from poor filtering in the power supply or some sort.
Also there are people complained about the voltage regulator (which converts input voltage between 7V to 24V to its working voltage) being too weak. It could get too hot after running for a while, one guy even had his burned.
I personally haven’t found any of the above issues with mine yet (except for the fact that the module does get a bit hot, but not to the state it burns). I range-tested my mini TS5823 video transmitter, which I achieved just over 600m, with the same gear/antenna used on the ImmersionRC 600mW vTX (on which I could get to 1.2Km).
Here are some of the Features:
- Micro sized and light weight – perfect for use with small models
- 32 channels: Cover A, B, E bands and F bands
- Transmitter frequency: 5645-5945MHz with 200mW power output
- Transmitting distance > ~1500m (open area)
TS5823 vTX Specification
- Modulate: Wideband FM Modulate
- Video Format: NTSC/PAL
- Output Impedance: 50 Ohm
- Output Power: 23~24dBm
- Channel: 32CH
- Operating Voltage: 7V~24V
- Supply Current: 190mA
- Operating Temperature: -10~85 Video Band Width : 0~8.0 MHz
- Audio Carrier Frequency: 6.5MHz
- Video Input Level: 0.8~1.2 Vp-p
- Video Input Impedance: 75 Ohm
- Audio Input Level: 0.5~2.0 Vp-p
- Audio Input Impedance: 10K Ohm
- Connector: RP-SMA
- Dimension: 40mm x 23mm x 8mm
- Weight: 8g (without antenna)
Here are is the manual that came with it.
Other Video Transmitter Range Test
A Youtuber David Price did a range test on this vTX, and he got 980m, but that’s because of the limit of his 2.4Ghz radio. He reckons he can reach 1.5Km with this vTX. This is his test video.