I’ve been using this little step-down voltage regulator for years, and I absolutely love it! It’s cheap, small, light weight and capable of converting 4.5V-28V (2S to 6S) to 0.8V-20V (1S to 4S). You can adjust the output voltage by turning the knob, which is really convenient.
Where to Buy?
- Input voltage: 4.5-28V
- Output Voltage: 0.8-20V (adjustable)
- Output current: rated current 3A (MAX).
- Switching Frequency: 1MHz
- Output Ripple:less than 30mV
- Operating temperature: Industrial grade (-40 C to +85 C)
- Module Properties: Non-isolated step-down module (buck)
- Size:22*17*4mm (size of a coin)
- Weight: 2g
It’s not only useful for multirotors and RC planes, it’s also been extremely handy for some of my electronic projects as well.
Although it’s rated for 3A, I would not recommend using it for anything above 2A without a heatsink. From my experience, at 1.5A, it’s already getting very warm.