This page is written by a group member who entered our build log contest. We are sharing the info hope it would be useful to someone.
This is my “mini” hexacopter. I first made a small 250 quadcopter but it had no room for fpv etc.(cheap hobbyking frame) so I decided to just use the same motors and add two more for a slightly larger hexacopter. The hexacopter is my 2nd build. It’s super stable, super fast and fun to fly. I made it a month or two ago and all my footage is a bit old and I don’t have many pictures from building it.
- Duke Mini 330mm Hexacopter frame, fibreglass
- Sunnysky x2204 2300KV Brushless Motors
- 12A Spider ESCs with SimonK Firmware
- Gemfan 6045 Propellers
- CC3D Flight Controller
- Futaba T7C Transmitter and OrangeRx Receiver
- SONY SUPER HAD 600TVL CCD Camera – PZ0420 with 2.8mm Lens
- Gopro 3 black ed (Recording)
- 5.8G 32CH AV 600mW Mini Wireless Tx for FPV (Surveilzone)
- Lipo 3S Battery 2800mAh/4200mAh
Weight ~ 700-850g
Flight time ~ 9-11 minutes with 2800mah, 14-16 mins with 4200mah.
Power to weight ratio about 4-6:1 depending on battery and camera.
Top speed is around 90-100 km/h.
Here’s a short video from one of my first flights. My flips are better now, can do them without loosing altitude.