One great thing about the Skyzone SKY03S and SKY03O FPV goggles is that you can update the firmware for bug fixes and new features. In this post I will show you how to flash firmware on the SKY03 series goggles.
My review of the
How to Update SKY03O Goggles Firmware
The same procedure can be applied on SKY03 and SKY03S goggles.
- Make sure battery is fully charged – just in case
- Go to system version in the menu, and write down the current version. This is to verify if the update has been successful in the end
Download firmware: http://www.skyzonehobbies.com/download.html
Connect the goggles to your computer via the USB port (located on the bottom of the goggles), and plug in the battery but DON’T power it on yet.
There is a small button hidden inside the left head strap hook. You have to hold down this button with a pair of tweezers, or a small screw driver, then press the power button to turn on the goggles. You can now release the “hidden button”.
It can be difficult to see or reach the button, but pressing it makes an audible “click”.
Your computer should now automatically install the driver for the goggles, and you will find a new removable storage added to your PC.
Copy these firmware files to the newly added drive (Not the SD card):
Note: ****** is the version number
The files are not big, but the copying can take a while, around 30-60 seconds, because it’s installing the update at the same time. Once the files are finished copying, give it a few more seconds, then unplug the battery. Restart the goggles to check system version and see if it’s been updated.
The DVR firmware needs to be updated separately.
- Take a TF card (micro SD card), and format the card to FAT32
- Download the DVR firmware from the link at the beginning of this tutorial, the file you need is “FIRMWARE_F”
- Copy the file to the SD card, insert it in the goggles and turn it on
- Go to the system menu and choose DVR FM upgrade
It will take 1-2 minutes to update the DVR, don’t turn the goggles off during the update.