Unlike EMAX motors, these motors don’t come in fancy packaging. But they have plenty of clearance for mounting screws up to the windings, generously long motor leads with pre-soldered 2mm male bullets, uses the staggered 12mm and 16mm mounting patterns, offers two prop mounting solutions (traditional bolt on adapter and a T-motor style two screw option), and a color closer to orange than gold.
For more information about this motor, check out the 250 mini quad parts list.
Spec from seller:
- Brand: DYS
- Item No: BE1806
- Item name: 1806 2300KV Brushless Motor
- Height: 0.85 inches (21.5mm)
- Width: 0.90 inches (23mm)
- Weight: 18 grams
- RPM/V: 2300KV
- Output shaft diameter: 2
- Voltage: 2-3S
- Battery: 2-3S lithium polymer
- Max.current: 7.6A
- Max.power: 84.4W
- Mounting pattern: 2x 12mm and 2x 16mm
- Motor mount hole size: M2
Hobbyking Version of DYS BE1806 Motor
Interestingly, hobbyking started selling another version of DYS BE1806 motor, with different colour (red), much heavier in weight, and much cheaper in price. They come with the shorter 2mm bullets.
Some reviews on their product page:
- These are really nice motors, if you are looking for 1806 motors, I don’t see any need to to buy any of the more expensive alternatives… unless you don’t like the colour! It comes with quite long motor leads (for a 250 quad), you can easily shorten the supplied leads.
- These are a great little motor and the motor leads are good quality silicon. On a 250 quad they’ll reach comfortably to the cage keeping escs inboard. My biggest issue is why they chose to use a M4 instead of M5 prop adapter which is the most logical fit for a mini. Yes you can use spacers but you shouldn’t have to. Please HK, listen and make the next batch M5. Sell the M5 adapters as spares too.
Spec from seller
- Rpm/V: 2300kv
- Dimensions: 23 × 21mm
- Shaft: 2mm
- Voltage: 2S~3S (7.4v to 11.1v)
- Weight: 24g
- Watts: 89W
- Max Current: 8A
- ESC: 10amp to 12amp
- Suggested Prop: 5×3(3S 11.1v) ~ 6×2 (2S 7.4v)
- Motor Mount Holes: M2 x 12mm /16mm