Today I came across two interesting mini size PDB (power distribution boards). They seems very handy as they integrated many functionality into a 36mm PCB. It’s the same size as the Naze32 and CC3D, therefore it’s perfect fit for mini quad. They really help with clean wiring, and saves users from headache of messy cables.
OSDoge Power Distribution Board
Other features includes.
- direct connections to Naze32 when stacked.
- can power camera and video transmitter from 3pin headers with selectable 12v or 5v power.
- can power naze32 and anything else attached to naze32.
- onboard micro-USB plug for flashing/configuring your favourite OSD software as powerful as the MinimOSD.
- series protection resistors for RSSI and current sensor connections.
Atas Mini Pro PDB
This Atas Mini pro Power distribution board is also very powerful. It has similar functionality as the OSDoge has, such as integrated LC power filter, which reduces noise for FPV gear. Again it’s the same size as the Naze32 which is 36mm.
Here are some spec from the seller.
- 2oz copper full plate PCB
- 3-6S batteries supported
- 70A constant, 110A burst
- Integrated LC filter
- 5V step down regulator – 3A
- 12V step down regulator – 600mA
- 5/12V switch for CCD board camera (filtered power)
- 5/12V switch for video transmitter (filtered power)
- Filtered main battery voltage for OSD
Here is a much cheaper PDB, size is 50mm.
Further reading: Learn about voltage regulator.