Foxeer’s Switcher VTX has probably been the most recommend VTX the last few months. Now there is a new version which provides even more stable and better quality images than the old one.
Specifications – FoxeerTM25 SWITCHER 25/200/600mW adjustable Power VTX with Race Band
The new TM25 video transmitter has added more filtering capacitors on board, than the previous version.
- Dimension: 24.6mm x 5.5mm x 33.6mm (43mm if including connector)
- Weight: 9.5g
- Channel/Frequency/Power can be changed with one single button
- A single digit LED display for displaying settings
- Voltage input: 2S to 5S (7V – 24V)
- Voltage output: 5V
There were some problems with their earlier batch that outputs way more power than they should, but this have been fixed in this version.
The Switcher video transmitter supports 40 channels including Raceband – makes it so much easier flying with a group of pilots.
It allows you to change power between 25mW, 200mW and 600mW. Imagine when flying indoor you want to run 25mW to avoid multi-path. You can change it to 200mW when flying outdoor with your friends, or jump right up to 600mW when you are flying alone around lots of obstacles and trees (or possibly for some long range flying).
In this VTX you can choose SMA or RP-SMA connectors depends on what you normally run.
It allows you to power it directly from a 2S-5S LiPo battery, as well as giving out 5V for your FPV camera (if supported).
Channels can be changed with a button which is much better than dip switches.
All settings such as frequency band, channel and power are displayed on an one-digit LED screen, it does take a moment to understand your current channel and power and to change setting.
The SMA connector is now located right in the middle of the unit, which might or might not make it easier to mount for some people. What I really would love to see is a pigtail connector like the Hawkeye VTX.
How to Change VTX power
Change power up:
- Hold down the button on the VTX and power up the VTX. The top right hand bar of light will be lit.
- Press the button to increase the power. When finished power down the VTX
Change power down:
- Repeat the above. However, do not power down the VTX.
- Once again hold down the button on the VTX until the bottom right light bar is powered on.
- Press the button until the power output decreases.
- When finished power of the VTX.
Also check out the Foxeer Mini Antenna, the whole length of the antenna is 6cm. Available in SMA & RP-SMA, RHCP & LHCP, Also assorted colours as well.