On the first day of every month, I will post FPV related news from the past month, including interesting product releases and firmware updates. If I miss any important news, please kindly remind me in the comments.
Last month’s news: FPV News in January 2022
Not much were going on in Feb so I skipped it until this month.
DJI Action 2 v01.04.05.10
26 Feb 2023
After what feels like an eternity, the update for the DJI Action 2 has arrived, which now also supports GyroFlow. The update is made as usual via the DJI Mimo app.
- Video will include gyro data in following camera settings: Stabilization: off; FOV: Wide; Resolution: 4K (4:3) 24/25/30/48/50/60 or 4K (16:9) 100/120. Gyroflow version v1.4.2 or above is recommended for gyro-based video stabilization.
- Improved compatibility with Android 13.0. Note:
- If the update fails, restart DJI Action 2 and DJI Mimo and retry.
Bluejay v0.19.2 (New Repo)
26 Feb 2023
The original Bluejay developer has stepped away indefinite from the project without new admins appointed (hence the lack of update in the original repo). Therefore Bluejay has been forked to allow for continued development.
07 Mar 2023
- Native RED .R3D support, including exporting
- Added “Stabilization overview” button
- Added true full screen mode (F11 twice)
- Changed default IMU integration method to VQF
- Added notification sounds (on success and on error)
- Added the ability to copy lens info by double clicking on the text in Lens profile section
- Increased max resolution for ProRes to 16384×16384
- Added an indicator of “black borders in view” on the timeline as a red overlay, for cases when “No zooming” is used
- Added a way to set RAW decoding resolution both in preview and processing
- Changed “Safe area” behavior
- Added “.gyroflow” file type association on macOS
- Added parser for binary data produced by esp-gyrologger
- Changing center offset without zooming is now allowed
- Added lens information in Video information panel
- Added ability to specify compatible crop modes in lens profile
- Saving a project file no longer hangs the app, instead an loader is shown
- Changed default ProRes and DNxHR profile to HQ
- Added ability to apply low-pass filter to quaternions
- Added ability to change IMU rotation to quaternions
- Calibrator: Show good frames
- Calibrator: Show current and average sharpness
- Calibrator: Show warning message with tips when calibration fails
- Calibrator: “Calibrated by” field is now saved
- Calibrator: Added “Sensor is global shutter”
- Increased split parts detection from 20 to 99 parts
- default.gyroflow preset is now applied in the render queue as well
- Added official lens profiles for GoPro Hero 5 Session and Hero 5 Black
- Added additional shortcuts for playback (F2 to F6)
- Updated translations
- Added all lens profiles submitted by the community
- Updated ffmpeg to 6.0
- Updated Qt from 6.4.1 to 6.4.2
21 Mar 2023
Avatar V2 VTX, V2 & Avatar Pro Camera support, Added Gyroflow, Added 4:3 Full, Fixed other known issues
INAV 6 “Horizon Hawk”
25 Mar 2023
This is the stable official release of the latest INAV 6.0.
EdgeTX “Flying Dutchman” v2.8.2
01 Apr 2023
the second maintenance release for 2.8.0
03 Apr 2023
Who should update from V3.2.0? There are minor fixes that benefit all users, so ideally everyone should update, however some fixes will be more important for:
- Users with Skystars SS24D receivers
- Users with Emax 900Mhz transmitter modules
- Users with Radiomaster Zorro, TX12 or TX16S handsets, with internal ELRS modules
- Users within the EU_LBT region
Truly Nice you make this.
How about adding wtfos updates also?