In this guide I’ll walk you through the process of installing GoPro Lab on your naked GoPro 9 and 10 cameras. If you’re looking to unlock some advanced features for your camera, this tutorial is for you.
What is GoPro Lab?
GoPro Lab is an firmware upgrade for your GoPro cameras. It introduces cutting-edge features, some of which might still be in their Beta phase. Check out the list of new functionalities that this upgrade offers. It might just convince you to give your GoPro a fresh upgrade: https://gopro.github.io/labs/control/extensions/
Manually Updating Your FLYWOO Naked GoPro 9 and 10
1. Download the Firmware: Start by downloading the update folder to your computer from this GoPro community link: https://community.gopro.com/s/article/GoPro-Labs?language=en_US
2. Access Your microSD Card: Remove the microSD™ card from your camera and insert it into your computer. This can be done using a microSD card adapter or a USB card reader.
3. Transfer the Update: Drag and drop the update file onto your microSD card.
4. Prep Your Camera: Using a screwdriver, carefully remove the six screws securing the camera case.
5. Gather Necessary Accessories: Before initiating the update, ensure you have all the required accessories.
6. Power Up: Insert the microSD card back into the camera. Connect the AC battery and the BEC power source.
7. Begin Update: Upon starting up, your camera will automatically enter the update mode.
8. Completion: You’ll know the update is successful when you see the “UPDATE COMPLETE” message on your screen.
And there you have it! You’ve successfully installed GoPro Lab on your naked GoPro 9 and 10. Explore the new features and enhance your videography experience. Happy filming!