Here we have the Aomway FPV Combo – a 700TVL CMOS camera and a 5.8Ghz 200mW video transmitter both in one small package.
This FPV setup is perfect for those who are looking for a FPV setup yet want to save space on their aircraft. I think it would be a great choice for larger size multirotors and fixed wings, where you share the same setup between multiple aircrafts, put it on, power it and just take off!
There is absolute zero cable mess! Because the VTX is already connected to the camera, users don’t have to worry about wiring. Power up this unit and it will just work!
To sum up:
- Small size and light weight setup
- no wiring mess, no soldering required, plug and play!
- VTX accepts wide range of input voltage (2S to 5S), and it powers the camera with 5V.
Things can be done better
However, there are some shortcomings:
- Cannot incorporate OSD into this FPV setup, as camera is directly connected to VTX.
- VTX position is fixed, so video transmitter connector points upward might be awkward with mounting for some people, especially for mini quad.
Things you might need to know
- The antenna connector on the VTX is SMA.
- Input voltage is 7V~24V.
- Dimension is 40mm x 38mm x 23mm.
- Weights 19g excluding cables and antenna
Aomway 700TVL CMOS FPV Camera
You can actually buy the camera separately. It’s a pretty good camera that has 170 degree FOV for FPV. However be aware that this camera takes only 3.6-5.5V DC.
Another good thing about this camera is the 3D printed angle tilt mount that comes with it. Unscrew the lens out of the camera, put the mount on, and then the lens back on. You will need to re-adjust the camera focus and it takes some effort to do, but it does a pretty good job holding your camera to a desirable angle.
Check out this mini quad build where this camera angle mount is used.
Here is the manual for the camera:
Here is the manual for the VTX: