Here are some of the popular 5″ freestyle frames that are designed specifically to fit the DJI Air Unit (full size). These frames comes with 3D printed parts for installing the Air Unit and antennas nicely and hassle-free.
There are 3″, 5″, 6″ and 7″ frames in this list.
Some of these frames have “props in view” – you can see the propellers in your video feed because of the shorter frame body, but these frames are usually lighter as it uses less material.
The way the Air Unit antennas are mounted would affect your maximum range. Depending on what the frame is designed for, there are two common orientations, “horizontal V” and “vertical V”. Horizontal V is better for range, while vertical V might be more durable against crashes.
It’s best to get a frame with TPU mounts for both antennas and the Air Unit, the soft material provides excellent protection in a crash, and is more durable. Avoid frames that provide cheap/unreliable mounting solutions, such as using double sided foam tape and zip ties.
New to the DJI FPV system? I can show you how to set it up for the first time.
Newbeedrone Vivid 5″
- NBD – https://bit.ly/396c9uQ
NewBeeDrone VIM 3″
- NBD – https://bit.ly/3dluFCP
NewBeeDrone Whirligig 3”
- NBD – https://bit.ly/3anjurz
GepRC Mark4 HD5
- Banggood – https://bit.ly/3aaXkbT
- RDQ – https://bit.ly/2xdM3ZE
- GetFPV – https://bit.ly/2Uu13KY
- Amazon – https://amzn.to/3bhWASb
Rotor Riot HD1
- NewBeeDrone – https://bit.ly/3djNGFH
iFlight DC5 HD 5″
iFlight Cidora SL5 HD 5″
iFlight Titan DC5 HD 5″
- RDQ – https://bit.ly/3abcgXx
iFlight DC3 (3″)
TransTEC Laser HD 5″
TransTEC Freedom HD 5″
- NBD – https://bit.ly/39eQwZk
Flywoo Mr. Croc HD
Armattan Marmotte DJI Edition
Armattan Badger DJI Edition
- Product Page – https://bit.ly/2wt7Mg7