Here are all the popular 5″ freestyle frames that are designed specifically for the DJI Air Unit, some also offer 3″, 6″ and 7″ options. These frames come with 3D printed parts for installing the Air Unit and antennas easily and securely.
Some of these frames might have “props in view” (you can see the propellers in your video feed because of the shorter frame body), but these frames are usually lighter as it uses less material.
The way that Air Unit antennas are mounted would affect your maximum range. Depending on what the frame is designed for, there are two common orientations, “horizontal V” and “vertical V”. Horizontal V is better for range, while vertical V might be more durable against crashes.
It’s best to get a frame with TPU mounts for both antennas and the Air Unit, the soft material is more durable and provides excellent protection in a crash. Avoid frames with poorly designed and unreliable mounting solutions, such as using double sided foam tape and zip ties.
New to the DJI FPV system? I can show you how to set it up for the first time.
Newbeedrone Vivid 5″
- NBD – https://bit.ly/396c9uQ
NewBeeDrone VIM 3″
- NBD – https://bit.ly/3dluFCP
NewBeeDrone Whirligig 3”
- NBD – https://bit.ly/3anjurz
GepRC Mark4 HD5
- Banggood – https://bit.ly/3aaXkbT
- RDQ – https://bit.ly/2xdM3ZE
- GetFPV – https://bit.ly/2Uu13KY
- Amazon – https://amzn.to/3bhWASb
Rotor Riot HD1 (5″)
- NewBeeDrone – https://bit.ly/3djNGFH
iFlight DC5 HD 5″
iFlight Cidora SL5 HD 5″
iFlight Titan DC5 HD 5″
- RDQ – https://bit.ly/3abcgXx
iFlight DC3 (3″)
iFlight Titan FH5
TransTEC Laser HD 5″
TransTEC Freedom HD 5″
- NBD – https://bit.ly/39eQwZk
Flywoo Mr. Croc HD (5″, 6″, 7″)
Flywoo Vampire 2 5″
Armattan Marmotte DJI Edition (5″)
Armattan Badger DJI Edition (5″, 6″)
FlightClub VannyStyle (5″)
- Product Page – https://bit.ly/2wt7Mg7
ImpulseRC Apex HD (5″)
- Mar 2020 – post created
- Jul 2020 – added a few more new frames